The purpose of the Boulder Sports Acupuncture Blog is education. Topics will range from acupuncture, diet and nutrition, training, insight into common sports injuries, narratives on local athletes, and articles submitted by the readers. The information will provide a closer look into the stories and people of our community as well as personal discussions of the health and maintenance of our mind and bodies as it pertains to Chinese Medicine.

On Fridays, a new question will be asked in what I am calling the “Friday Symposium”. Readers will have an opportunity to express their opinions and experiences regarding a topic. There is no perspective, degree, or area of expertise that has all the answers. By sharing our collective knowledge and educating each other, it is my hope we can have a greater understanding of our world.

Thank you,
Steven

Race Day 4

Hello...very tired today. I crewed for 7 hours straight last night to this morning. It was a very technical section roughly 120 miles, at night, that included a climb of wolf creek pass at 10,800 feet high. Going from 108 degrees in the morning to 40 on the same day was taxing on me. We attached the first place team on the pass without success. For 10 miles we transitioned the riders at one mile intervals in an effort to keep out teams legs fresh. It was a knife from start to finish. The team 207 rider was so steady and strong, amazing to watch these teams attach time and time again. For our part the transition crew demonstrated practiced precision like an Indy pit crew. I was very proud to be part of that effort but ultimately we were not able to put away team 207. I have to say it was exhilarating! As the rush wore off and the flow of an extended decent settled in my nervous system and body tanked. The riders are fine and the crew is stepping up. It was a risk that maybe we shouldn't have taken this early. Many believe if you are "racing" RAAM the race starts west of the Mississippi.


I'm 126 miles away from my bed, my home. Close now but by tonight I will be looking down the road to Missouri...Hello family and friends! I hope to see you:)

Team 202 is 1/3 into this:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment