The purpose of the Boulder Sports Acupuncture Blog is education. Topics will range from acupuncture, diet and nutrition, training, insight into common sports injuries, narratives on local athletes, and articles submitted by the readers. The information will provide a closer look into the stories and people of our community as well as personal discussions of the health and maintenance of our mind and bodies as it pertains to Chinese Medicine.

On Fridays, a new question will be asked in what I am calling the “Friday Symposium”. Readers will have an opportunity to express their opinions and experiences regarding a topic. There is no perspective, degree, or area of expertise that has all the answers. By sharing our collective knowledge and educating each other, it is my hope we can have a greater understanding of our world.

Thank you,
Steven

Acupuncturists Without Borders Haiti Relief Effort

Six years ago I began my journey to become an acupuncturist. I was drawn to this medicine because of its ancient wisdom in promoting harmony in the body, as well as my desire to serve the people in my community in a meaningful way.

It has been my objective to help as many people as I can with acupuncture. To me that meant to administer as many treatments as I can to the people in my community. Last week I was inspired to help the people of Haiti by also helping the people in my community. The inspiration came from my partner’s father. When she asked her father what he wanted for his birthday his reply was, “please make a donation to the Haiti relief fund in my name.”

My goal is to raise $500.00 in the month of February. On Saturday February 20th and 27th all earnings from treatments and patient contributions will be donated to the Acupuncturists Without Borders Haiti Relief Effort. All treatments on those dates will be administered in a community clinic setting. All treatments will be one hour, and the cost is whatever you would like to give. This amount will be donated in your name.

Although I cannot be in Haiti at this time to administer acupuncture, I would like to symbolically serve Haiti by serving you, and together, with your donations, help provide medical treatment to those Haitians in need. This donation will allow Acupuncturists Without Borders to continue their work in Haiti. Please take the time to help Haiti by doing something good for your health.

Please call me at (303) 506-4637 to schedule your appointment or to make a donation.

Acupuncturists Without Borders is a New Mexico based non-profit organization that was originally created to treat the survivors of hurricane Katrina in 2005. To find out more about this organization please visit http://www.acuwithoutborders.org

If you wish to donate supplies, this is a list of items that can always be used:
- .5 cun ear acupuncture needles
- Biohazard containers
- Alcohol swabs, rubber gloves and cotton balls
- Tackle boxes for mobile clinics
- Office supplies including printer cartridges, paper, etc.


Yours in health,
Steven Rizzolo, L.Ac.

Boulder Sports Acupuncture
2935 Baseline Road Suite 200
Boulder, CO. 80305

1 comments:

Steven Rizzolo said...

Hello,

This email is to reminder you on Saturday February, 20th and 27th, Boulder Sports Acupuncture will be donating all earnings to Acupuncturists Without Borders - Haiti Relief Effort. Whatever you give for your treatment, 100% will be donated in your name.

***If you do not have time for a treatment but would like to donate, this is what we can do. You can mail a check to my office at 2935 Baseline Road. Boulder, CO. 80305. Make the check out to Acupuncturists Without Borders - Haiti Relief Effort. I will send it to them on your behalf. They will send you a receipt indicating the donation you made can be used as a tax deduction for this year.***



If you do send a check please let me know so I can wait for it to arrive before I send them in to Acupuncturists Without Borders as a group.


Please call to schedule your appointment.

See you soon,
Steven Rizzolo L.Ac.

Post a Comment